Thursday, January 06, 2011

Miracles do Happen

So what happens when you decide to fly above the fray?  Sometimes nothing.  Sometimes you get singed by the sparks that fly higher than others.  And sometimes you soar!  Well, I am soaring this week and all I can say is God is good!

I had a situation that looked so bleak last week that I was unsure what to do.  By no means do I think the matter is fully resolved, but the Lord showed up and let's just say that it was a miracle.  Then other smaller things began to happen that just reminded me that even when I think all hope is lost, thank goodness my opinions are not the end of the story.

And of course, the miracle of miracles did not even happen to me--Ted Williams provides the best testimony of God's grace.  It does not matter to me if he was filmed two days ago, two weeks ago, or even two years ago...a man who was on the street two days ago was blessed by a stranger disguised as an angel.

Every now and then, I get frustrated by what seems to be long-suffering in the face of others' triumphs.  Why an earthquake a year ago in Haiti?  Why did the Chilean miners survive, but many others perish?  Why another Gulf Coast disaster?  None of these can be explained.  But if we face disaster in order to find better blessings, then perhaps these things will be revealed in time.  Earthquakes that result in massive devastation may later result in stronger foundations.  Miners who survive deadly blasts offer us opportunities to improve conditions and give us reasons to unify under the banner of hope.  Another disaster in the Gulf--God is telling us that man does not and cannot control everything.

As someone recently stated, the same God who brought you to your circumstance will bring you through it.  Sounds good to me--AMEN!

No comments: