Sunday, January 23, 2011

Housecleaning

Well, this topic is timely today for a lot of reasons, starting with the fact that my house is still a mess and still too dangerous for my Baby Niece.  I need to baby-proof, but I also just need to clean so that it is also no longer dangerous for me.

Second, I had been making a few tweaks to the other blog and thought that I might try the same thing here--add a few widgets here and there so that people could find this place.  As it turns out, this template is really old, so a few of the updates might not be possible, but I will figure it out eventually.  In the meantime, I also went back through a few of the postings to see if I had gotten rid of all the old uncompleted drafts.

And I found an unexpected surprise...I had readers!  I would not declare it a dedicated following, but there were people who actually read and enjoyed my work.  And not all of it was random spam...

So, as I find myself exploring ways to drive traffic to the other site, I am encourged because there was a time that without much effort on my part, people found me and liked me, warts and all (meaning, they understood my bouts of depression and were not totally turned off by my cynicism).  And while I do not plan to count any chickens before they hatch, I am encouraged that a few more folks are also reading this blog again.

Well, in case I never said it before, I am so very thankful to everyone who ever read anything I ever wrote here.  In some cases, I completely missed your positive comments, but I thank you just the same for taking the time to post.  In other cases, we lost touch, and that is probably because I did a little too much navel-gazing at times.  I plan to reconnect if I can.  Thank you because in some of my darkest times, writing kept me sane and my hope is that it will always provide me with that solace.

No comments: