Monday, March 07, 2005

So Much to Say, So Little Time

I haven't blogged in a few days, and I missed it. I need this time, but I'm just too swamped these days, so this entry will have to be very quick.

I am overwhelmed by the preparations for my upcoming class and a court hearing I have this week. I am in the middle of what I would call a "perfect storm"--too much to do in less than a week's time. I had a vague idea when I left for Florida that my schedule would get hectic when I returned, but this is way more than I anticipated.

The real problem lies with me. I am an unorganized mess. Some of these things could have been done sooner, and others are literally last minute developments, but overall, I am just a mess and this is the usual way I get things done. So I should not be surprised if I get no sleep for the next few days.

I am nervous. I have no back-up and all of my tasks rely on my getting through the next few days without a serious break-down (which is also normal for me). I want to be busy, and I want to do well, but for me, these are sometimes incompatible wishes. I am a perfectionist and that means that as of right now, I am a whirling dirvish. I have another deadline on Monday for my class, just announced, so that only makes things worse. Did I mention that I have rehearsal on Saturday, an alumnae meeting, and Jazzercise?

Yes, Jazzercise. I went to a health expo and *won* a free month of Jazzercise that I need to start using my March 15--the Ides of March. As if I need that on top of everything else right now!

Anyhoo, this may be the last entry for the next few days, unless I can justify a reason to write something not related to law or history or budgets or meeting agendas or newsletters. AAARRGHH!

Ciao!

No comments: