Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Self-Assessment

It's been a little over a month, and I've written almost every day! I am so proud of myself.

I am not the most disciplined person, but ever since I made the pledge to write on a daily basis, it has gotten addictive. I actually miss my blogging if I don't get the chance to write anything new.

Then I had the nerve to start another blog, but it is devoted to gardening. I'm not really a gardener in the traditional sense because all of my stuff is grown in containers. My yard is jacked up, we have moles, peach-eating squirrels, and we have ridiculous weeds, so it could take years for me to get everything under control. But you will have to read all about that effort at the Ayanna's Garden Cafe.

However, I can't give myself total praise because I have lapsed into my old habit starting topics and not finishing them. I have about five incomplete posts and I haven't gotten back to any of them. But I have been writing and I plan to finish at least one of them tonight.

Finally, I am ok with the fact that I am only writing for an audience of one these days. The truth is, I haven't done much to promote this blog. I am still trying to figure a few things out, such as the photo feature that took hours to get right. I will steer some friends this way in a few weeks, but I need to have something worth reading and so far, I don't have that much that I'm ready for others to read and critique.

But one thing is clear, I am hooked. It may be the fact that my winter blahs are slowly going away or that things are looking up for me lately, but I feel more creative than I have in a long time. I promise to offer some creative writing this summer (probably in another blog), and I hope to revive my efforts at the novel. I feel like a writer--optimistic, confident and dedicated to my craft! Patience is the word for this effort.

Until next time, Ciao!

No comments: