Thursday, March 24, 2005

Out of Time

I am getting close to tipping over the edge with activities. Last week, I admitted to someone that I was a chronic over-scheduler, but that description may be too mild. I do more than over-schedule--I overwhelm myself with everyone else's drama and then try to fit mine in as well.

I feel like the guy in that commercial for AARP where he clones himself. When I first saw it, I didn't see the irony, but then I considered that it depicted a Chinese man named Ping who felt the need to clone himself. Hilarious!!! I also thought it was little subversive, because it plays on several stereotypes about Asians: (a) they all look alike (b) all of them are named Ping or Kim or Lee; (c) there are over a billion of them in China and probably a few million more all over the world; and (d) they always work hard.

The same concept of cloning would not work so well in my life. First of all, I would still run late, I would still over-schedule, and I would add even more activities. There may not be enough clones to go around.

Well, I did accomplish one major thing today, and for that I am grateful. Now if I can just get through the rest of what I need to do, then I am really doing something.

Ciao!

No comments: