Monday, March 07, 2011

Lost and Found

I have been railing over at the BBW blog about the loss of my makeup bag...it is a very trivial thing, but right now the fact that I cannot find it is truly blowing me (to borrow a phrase from my brothers).  I also lost a glove the other day in New York City.  I don't think I've lost a glove since childhood. 

Last Saturday, I could not find a pair of earrings, but they were found in the pocket of a pair of jeans.  The difference in misplacing my earrings and losing stuff is that I implicitly know that I will find whatever I might have misplaced.  Stuff that gets lost generally never reappears.

This might just be a series of coincidences, and I am definitely making a mountain out of a mole hill.  But this is just the phase I'm in...I need things to work out just for the sake of my sanity.  I can accept that things will not always go my way.  I can accept that isht happens, and you just have to deal.  I can make lemonade out of the lemons.  But I am tired and I just want to find my makeup bag...

And my glove.  Well, in all honesty, I can live without the glove (I inquired about a replacement pair today and for $60, I think I can wait until Christmas :)

No comments: