Monday, August 16, 2010

Tired of Being MIA

This is not aimed at anyone in particular, but I really am tired of not being invited out to things other than conference calls on Sunday nights, planning meetings, trips out of town for family events, or other work-related activities. I want a life too.

This self-piteous lament is simply my way of saying that I want to have fun, but I rarely do. I have obligations that make it ever so easy to overlook me when it comes to issuing social invitations. I am married with no children and no job to speak of, so I should be free as a bird, right? NOT!

I hate seeing photos and status updates on FB that just reaffirm that I am still as socially awkward and alientated as ever. I know this is whiny and silly, but sometimes I want to see my smiling face in a photo where I was invited to participate...sometimes I want to be able to say yes to a social invitation without feeling guilty about leaving the husband-brother-parent-family member-organization-client in a rut.

What about me?

No comments: