Tuesday, August 31, 2010

An Open Letter

This letter is addressed to the person(s) currently on my $hit list:

Dear Annoying Person,

I wish I could tell you how I really feel but by doing so, I would only reveal myself to be petty. And I am not petty; I am just annoyed by your existence right now.

But, I have prayed and asked the Lord to change my heart towards you because that is the only request I can make that will count. I could have asked for him to make a bus fall out of the sky onto your head, but that is selfish. I could have asked the Lord to open your eyes to see why you are wrong, but that suggests that my position is correct and that my judgment is even I know better. In truth, I don't know whether I am right or wrong in this situation.

So I asked the Lord to change the way that I am approaching this situation. That way, if there is an angle I am not fully appreciating, he can open my eyes to see more clearly. In case I am seeing everything, then asking for a full view means I can then see things from your skewed perspective, and then the Lord can give me compassion.

I am asking for the change to occur within me because my actions are the only ones that I control. My advice to you is that you pray for the same insight. That your eyes might be opened to see everything from all perspectives--not so that you can see your error in judgment, but more so that you can see this issue from my point of view.

If by chance you don't pray for the Lord's guidance to see more clearly, that is fine. Pray for whatever you need to make it through the day. If you need to pray for my downfall, go right ahead. I know that my prayers won't be impacted by yours. If it is meant for your prayer to be answered, then I am okay with that too because I also am praying for strength so that I can withstand whatever comes my way.

In other words, I am not worried about you anymore. And I am not worried about this situation anymore.

Sincerely, absolutely, and positively,
The Management

No comments: