Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm Just Saying...

I love the husband, but federal holidays are torture when I have stuff to do and he is at home with nothing to do...

I have been trying to write for the last two hours, yet he has not seemed to notice.  He has wandered in here at least four times to show me something or to talk about something random.  The fact that I politely stated that I was trying to write notwithstanding, he now expects me to be ready in half an hour to go out because he has a Groupon.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is one reason why I cannot get anything done.  I have a groove going and someone or something intrudes.  Last week I was suffering with writers' block.  Now, I am trying to concentrate but can't because he has the radio turned all the way up (even though he just left to go to the gym) and wants to spend time with me on his day off. 

My day will be over...my to do list half done...and the rest of my week overscheduled just because.  I hate three day weekends.

No comments: