Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dump Trump, Bale on Palin and other Nonsense

Not that it is a surprise to anyone who knows me, but Donald Trump has gotten me so angry with his idiocy in the past couple of weeks!  I cannot believe that it has taken me this long to write about it...(of course, life intervened, so here is my belated take on the Dumpster and his foolishness) and in advance, please accept my apologies since this has all been dying to come out!

My quibble with Donald the Dump is that he is a mean person.  Meanness works in America, especially now that everyone is on the we-hate-poor-people-whose-endless-neediness-makes-it-hard-for-me-to-pretend-to-ignore-their-existence bandwagon.  I am ashamed to admit that I too had a flash of that sentiment this past week out in California.  I complained to the husband about the aggressiveness of the homeless people...and in hindsight, I feel like an ass.

And my remorse stands in stark constrast to the Dumpster--he never feels anything but reinvigorated by his constant denigrations of people.  Remember how he treated his so-called friend Martha Stewart after the failure of her spin-off "Apprentice"?  Then he was ultra mean to Rosie O'Donnell and while she is no shrinking violet, I definitely remember how his relentless vitriol against her practically sent her over the edge.  Now that he wants to generate ratings for his tired show, he takes aim at President Obama, which is fair game since well, that's politics.  But then he's been locked and loaded to shoot at anyone who has deigned to call him out--first it was Bill Cosby, followed by Jerry Seinfeld, and I suspect that in a few weeks, he will have insulted more people than a foul odor.



And then there is the tone of his attacks against the President.  So we get that you are a businessman, and blah, blah, blah, you've made a lot of money and perhaps the current policies may result in your paying more in taxes...but what is up with joining the crazy conspiratorial birther crowd?  Do you really have investigators searching for Obama's real birth certificate?  Really (so that is how rich people create jobs)!  And now you think that his Harvard credentials are suspect, despite the fact that he graduated magna cum laude?  Can you produce the financial records of all the business deals that led your company into bankruptcy? 

And none of this has anything to do with Obama's race because of your good relationships with "the blacks" as you call us?

Of course, you are wonderful to black people because your show has been at the forefront of advancing and highlighting black business achievement, right?  Oh wait, I forgot that you asked Randal Pinkett, Apprentice Winner #4, to share his job with the runner-up...Oh, and of course, your Celebrity Apprentice show this season is all about uplifting the egos of has-been black reality stars...And then there is your protege, Omarosa, whose show was a winner last year on TV One...But really, your greatest brainstorm was introducing George Forman to the people who would make him uber-rich by slapping his name on a glorified sandwich maker (ok, I concede, that was genius).

Yeah, well Donald you're 1 for 4 and have done wonderful things for us blacks.  Wonder how the Asians and the Latins feel.

So we should just continue to watch you and your fake tan and your bad comb-over and your bombastic egomania because that is better for America than...Obama's health care plan.  Again, assume that my politics are neutral and just tell us what you propose in the alternative.  And remind us again how you admittedly scammed another world leader...because Obama's diplomacy and war-mongering are anti-American.

Whatever.  Your hubris is so unrepentant, I cannot wait until you fly too close to the sun.  And you can take the rest of your bandwagon of haters with you.  Yes, that includes Sister Sarah and Covergirl Michelle.  You and your kind are the ones who are ruining America, with your relentless demonizations of any and everyone who has a foreign-sounding name, who wears a skirt and uses her brain, whose parents were unable to bequeath a small fortune to them, whose patriotism gets called into question for minor disagreements over policy, and every "other" aspect of the Mayberry fantasy you would have us believe was somehow "real".

Since I am already no one special, I doubt that you would even bother to worry about my opinion.  I am small.  I am not a great success.  I don't watch your show.  I do not admire you.  I will be ridding my husband's wardrobe of any clothing that has your name on it.  I will do my best to avoid any attraction in New York City that has any affiliation with you.  But remember this, I vote.

No comments: