Sunday, September 19, 2010

Restoring Sanity

Just when I was asking for sanity, the good Lord told Jon Stewart to hold a rally.

Not that I want to take credit for this, but I feel that it is my duty to point out that I vented on this very topic three days before the big announcement. I know that Stewart had been hinting at something, but if I had the platform he does, I might have organized a march/rally/sit-in/festivus/whatever myself.

Anyway, the funny part about this is that I totally slept through the announcement! The Daily Show was on, but I had already sailed off to dreamland...found out about it the next day when a classmate sent me a link to the show on Facebook.

Now, since I attended the Reclaim the Dream rally and will probably have to get on board with the NAACP One Nation rally, I should be all rallied out. But if I am in town, I think I might have to attend this one if for no other reason than to see how short Jon Stewart is in real life. OK, the real reason would be to see if other people actually showed up. Of course this is a prank (Stephen Colbert's "Keep Fear Alive March" is planned for the same day), but it is deliciously clever to make fun of all the protesting that has been clogging up traffic in DC lately. What would happen if a few thousand people came to DC with a request that we collectively pipe down for a minute?

No comments: