Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Not Enough Hours in the Day

This may be the most over-scheduled time of my life. I am taking this online class to learn the ins and outs of the web-enhanced platform used by my institution. They said "intensive" but they should have said completely overwhelming. They should have said that this class would be the equivalent of a part-time job. They should have said that one would need to drink plenty of coffee to get through all of this.

This is killing me.

Between the class I'm teaching and the class I'm taking, I don't know if I'm coming or going. Half of the time, I am treading water and the other half I am drowning.

I just printed out an additional 30 pages of articles that need to be read. I have an assignment for Wednesday, but I am not sure how to do it. And I still need to finish preparing for class tomorrow.

Oh, and I'm trying to get some writing gigs so that all of this work on this blog will be worth the effort and time. The great irony is that while I am writing a lot lately and I can see improvements, I still haven't sent anyone any info about this space.

Despite my sudden shyness, I'm feeling pretty good about myself again. Maybe it is the weather, because it was so beautiful outside today.

I went to U Street to spend some time at an outdoor coffee place, which turned out to be Starbuck's. I should have gone to the coffee house in College Park as Rick had suggested. I don't care for Starbuck's, although if there was one in my neighborhood, I would probably go there on a regular basis. That is, until they got competition from a local small business owner or lesser known chain. I am against corporate coffee, but Starbuck's isn't a bad company, so every now and then I can support them. I just don't like their coffee (too strong and too addictive).

I am a bit loopy due to exhaustion. I just wrote a paragraph about Starbuck's coffee...I should give up now before I start on the evils of Wal-Mart. Ciao!

No comments: