Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Again, I am Insane

I am a chronic over-scheduler. This is a very bad habit. I cannot be in three places at once.

However, tomorrow morning, I am scheduled to do just that. Actually, it is more accurate to say that tomorrow I need to be several places and I am just not that well organized a person to get it all done without being late or negligent in some way. Yet, at least twice a month, I do this to myself.

For example, take Saturday. I have an alumnae event in the morning, and then dance rehearsal in the late afternoon. Not too much activity, but on Saturdays, I am also supposed to be in Jazzercise class. As of today, I decided that I am not going back to Jazzercise, even though I have a bit of time left in my free month. It is just a little too much for me at this point in my life.

On Friday, Nikki had wanted me to go with her to New York City. I gave a conditional 'yes', but it seems that I will have to change that answer to a definite no. I still have to file some stuff out in Upper Marlboro, which will probably not be ready until Friday morning. Even if it is ready to go tomorrow, I will be out for most of the day, so I have to wait until Friday anyway. And then, I have things to do for Founders' Day on Saturday.

I hate to bail out at the last minute, but I can't do everything, even if I want to. I am teaching a class, taking an online class, president of an organization, in dance class three times a week, running a part-time legal practice, trying to be a writer, and also trying to remain sane. It is too much all at the same time.

Then, my husband gets a call from his sister that is scaring the hell out of him, even though he won't admit it. His mother is sick, and he feels partially responsible because we went to NYC last weekend both sick with the flu. His was almost over, but mine was on full blast. We went because my schedule prevented us from going up sooner, but in hindsight, we probably should have stayed here in DC. It was too quick of a weekend and I spent 3/4 of it in bed. Miraculously, I got better on Sunday night and drove the entire trip back.

I am a little worried too, but I believe that her illness has less to do with our flu and more to do with the drastic weather changes. It was 70+ degrees outside today, but tomorrow we expect rain, which means a drop in temperature. This is part of the reason why we got sick last week.

Then I had to spend time in my online class this evening, and so far I hate it. I started off on the wrong foot by turning in my first assignment a day late. What else is new? It is the story of my life...late to bed, late to rise, run around all day, and always behind.

No comments: