Monday, October 04, 2010

Love Potion #9

Tomorrow is my ninth wedding anniversary, and God willing and the creek don't rise...we'll be around to celebrate many more in the years to come.

My husband does not read this blog, so there is no danger that he would ever find out about any gushing...he gets me.  Ladies, the best man you will ever find is a man that gets you and loves you anyway.  I have the worst house, barely cook anymore, and don't bring hardly a dime into this household, but he still loves me.  If he ever thought the grass would be greener somewhere else, he might be right...

But he gets me.  I fuss, but I let him toss his dirty socks into places that they should not go.  I get annoyed, but I support his shouts at the TV during Yankee games.  I do the best that I can, and so does he and together, WE keep traveling together on this road called Life.

Some of the folks around us are going through all kinds of hell and we do our best to encourage them.  We don't tell others to do what we do, because what works for us probably would not work for a lot of other people.  But we get by.

I had a glass of wine earlier (so I am probably sharing too much), but I am about to eat dinner that I cooked with my husband.  Tomorrow, I will figure out what to do with my hair, put on some make-up, and meet him at some restaurant where he is likely to pull out a Groupon and brag about how cheap it all was.  We'll enjoy a nice glass or two and probably talk about whatever.  And then we'll head home still thankful that in this cruel world, we have each other.

I have been opening up about how much of a weirdo I think I am, and I guess tomorrow is affirmation that either he is also a weirdo, or maybe both of us are just fine. 

1 comment:

Sandy said...

i love you guys and you crack me up! I'm so glad that I found your blog! i added you to my blog roll. on the blog I barely write on any more :)