Monday, May 08, 2006

Three Weeks and Counting...

I am headed to Spain for a much needed vacation. I don't speak a wit of Spanish, and I will have to rely on charm and the hub for guidance. But I don't care, because for two weeks, I won't have to think about anything!

Nothing at all. No students. No clients. No bills. Nothing.

I can't wait! I feel like a kid doing the countdown to Disney World or Christmas morning. I'm so excited!

Of course, until the time of my departure, there is plenty of worrying for me. I have a settlement agreement to draft by Wednesday. An exam to draft by tomorrow at 4pm, which I then need to grade by Thursday for some and Friday for others. And then there are papers to grade, because everyone seems to be working on CP time when it comes to my class syllabus. And let us not forget the upcoming recital on the 20th, where I am dancing in four pieces. Then of course, there is the legal work I have yet to complete for my mother. There is always work for the alumnae association as well. I have the class to prepare for the second half of the summer, and if I want, there is tutoring, more essays to grade, and possibly some advocacy that I could sneak in before September.

I am always up to something. But for two weeks, the only thing I'll need to do is look pretty and flirt. I will take books that have nothing to do with school. I will work crossword puzzles until I can't think. I will let someone else do my laundry. And best of all, I won't have to drive. This trip will offer me more relaxation than I've had since...I can't remember.

No comments: