Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ca va?

I'm going to pull out my old French books so that I can brush up before I head off to Spain in two weeks. Of course, that makes very little sense to most people, but to me it is perfect. I can translate what I hear from the French much better than I would be able to through a crash course in Spanish.

I am really tired, but I was online posting grades and just wanted to check in to see if any additional spam had been posted to my blog. I think it is hilarious that someone would go through the trouble of posting something completely random to my blog. It was a total set-up because I was all excited that someone had read my stuff...them come to find out, it was just some weirdo.

The days leading up to the trip are going to be hectic. I now have to fit in another trip to NYC for family reasons, and it is only adding to my stress. I wish I had the courage to say what I really feel, but it would cause more drama than necessary. I guess I am the only person who feels that a last minute 7-hour car ride the week before leaving the country for two weeks is a bit extreme, but hey. Oh and it just so happens that I have my recital the day before, so I have to rush from the performance and get immediately on the road.

I have other things that are stressing me out, but no one wants to hear about them or even acknowledge that I have a right to be a little anxious about them. Everyone wants me to chill. When have I ever done that? As soon as we get back, I have to jump right back on the treadmill, and I seriously doubt that the husband is going to allow me that much peace on the trip anyway. And then my parents have been giving me grief over everything imaginable.

So, I am cranky. I read an advertisement today that suggested that I might be bipolar because like most people, I get depressed and have mood swings. Hello, I am a woman...but I guess this is just another tactic to scare people into believing normal life requires medication. Maybe Tom Cruise is right about psychology...

Anyhoo, I am rambling and I'm tired. Ciao!

No comments: