Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Catching Up

I have several things that I've written offline in the past few weeks, and if I get the time, I may transcribe them for inclusion on my blog. I might as well make them public, since that is what this space is for.

I've been ever busy with my students. Another mini-semester is about to end, so for the next few days, I'll be in a grading frenzy. I often wonder what I look like when I'm sittting in the corner of my coffee house focused on student work with my red pen in hand. Do I look professorial? Or more like a grad student?

I vote for graduate student. Whenever I don't have to go to meet people, I dress like a regular person, so that means jeans, a casual shirt, my favorite clogs and possibly even a hat. To complete the ensemble, I am usually listening to my portable CD player...which upon second thought should actually make me look more like an out-of-touch professor. Who listens to CDs anymore?

Anyhoo, the crisis alluded to in the previous post has passed for now. I still need to be more diligent about the way I handle my business, but overall, I believe that at worst I'll get a slap on the wrist. Of course, it sucks to even be accused of wrongdoing and any punishment or chastisement seems severe.

Here is a bit of advice to anyone reading this: Never make a black woman mad enough to want to kill you. Not only will your ears burn, but every fiber of your being burns--you are damn-near combustable. If I were to even think that the person responsible for all of this was even in my vicinity, he would drop dead. An angry black woman can kill with her thoughts in the same way that everyone else kills with looks.

Enough coded messages. I'll come back to post something normal in a few days.

Ciao!

No comments: