Friday, February 17, 2006

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

I learned that very cruel lesson this week. No matter what I do, and no matter how good my intentions, good deeds have consequences.

I cannot even go into detail. All I can say is that I cannot believe the nerve of some people, and just how stupid I was in trying to be generous. It makes me want to never extend myself on behalf of others again.

And this is just one incident. In every area of my life, I have been over-entending myself for other people, and I am at the point where I am about to explode.

I nearly had a nervous breakdown yesterday. I threatened to kill someone, and for at least 30 seconds, I was serious about it. I had a broom handle in my hand at the time, and if the person has been in my presence at that moment, the broom handle would have been protruding from his chest.

Of course I know better. But still...

I can't sleep. I got up to go to the bathroom, but could not go back to sleep because of anxiety. I decided to get my day started early since I made yet another promise to complete some task that could wait until next week, but a delay might confirm more of my supposed incompetance.

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!

1 comment:

princessdominique said...

I know the feeling. I'm glad you didn't go over the edge. Hang in there.