Friday, January 06, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again

I have co-workers again, and it feels wonderful. Even though it is a temporary thing, it has brought me back to life in a way. I'm happy!

And in the midst of my usual January blues, that is a BIG DEAL!!!

This warm fuzzy glow got started when I received a Christmas gift from one of the women in the office. I was touched, because she had just met me three days earlier. I almost cried! I was so moved that I got up early the next morning (by 6am, which is totally out of character for me) and I baked cookies. I haven't baked in years.

Then for the first time in three years, I actually attended an office Christmas party. I enjoyed every minute of that as well. I don't even remember what I ordered, but whatever it was, it was delish.

I have conversations with people nowadays. And these conversations are about important stuff. And other people actually share my outrage about varying topics.

I am no longer an island.

Money means more when you start earning it again. I ate out for lunch the first few days because I had my own money to spend, and it felt good (now I am back to being frugal so I bring my lunch). I actually had enough money this Christmas to buy presents, and that feeling was better than any present I could have received.

I started back to wearing perfume. I've had unused bottles on my dresser, so now I spritz a little on every morning. I've been wearing makeup again. I did that anyway when I was teaching, but now I make an effort to put on a face every day now. On the clothes, well, I am working on that. I don't want to dress up everyday, but I have been pulling some outfits out from the back of the closet.

I don't really miss the routine I had developed while working from home. I do miss my show, "As Time Goes By," but now that I have seen every episode three times, it was probably time that I moved onto something else. I had already gone through other TV phases--court shows, talk shows, makeover shows, soaps, and then the Brit-coms. Cable added a little more variety, but I would have tired of "Law and Order" reruns.

I can't explain it. This feeling is overwhelming. I am just as busy and over-scheduled as ever, but I am enjoying it. Maybe I just needed the right combination of activities in my life.

No comments: