Thursday, September 29, 2005

Untitled Gobblety Gook

I had an idea, but by the time this page loaded, I had forgotten. My computer is sooo slow. But that is what I get for still using dial-up.

I am behind in pretty much every way technologically. I still listen to CDs. I still watch DVDs at home on the TV. I don't have TiVo, so if my VCR were hooked up, I'd still need to buy video tapes to record things. I just bought this computer two years ago, but it is already a dinosaur. All of these are signs of the inevitable--I'm getting old.

While I was waiting for this page to load, I am simultaneously downloading an accelerator program so that my computer will run faster. I think this is what we refer to as irony...

Anyhoo, there isn't that much to say because I forgot what I had intended to say, which was going to be pretty damn funny, so I guess it's just one of those things. I had intended to quote "Napolean Dynamite" too, which is a shame, because that would have made my little ditty for today a riot.

Speaking of that movie, why is it pretty much everywhere I go? Urban Outfitters is selling a coffee table book full of quotes from the movie and Target has t-shirts. Why?

This was such a stupid movie. So very stupid, yet my hub and a bunch of other generally sane people loved it. He bought me the "Vote for Pedro" t-shirt which I preceeded to wear at least three times before I actually saw the movie. That shirt caused a lot of questions from people, and it was a bit silly of me to say, "well this is from a movie I haven't seen, but I've heard that it's funny." Now when I wear it, I tell the truth, "this is from this lame movie about inbreds from Idaho."

On another note, I saw the LL Cool J "Behind the Music" special, and it again confirmed that my life was so empty without cable. If I couldn't learn the back story of old rappers and faded R&B groups from my childhood, I would probably be spending that time with my husband. Thank you VH1!

Well, I need to get going so that I can activate this accelerator program. I have a ton of other things to do today, so in some ways, it's good that I forgot my original subject. I am so anal that I would have spent well over an hour writing and re-writing it something that may or may not have been all that funny. Well, such is life.

Ciao!

No comments: