Wednesday, September 14, 2005

This is a Test

I had a glass and a half of wine this evening, so I want to see what effect it has on my writing. A lot of famous writers were drunks, and I've heard that some of the greats wrote better when they were drunk. Hence my little experiment.

So far, I've determined that I am just as conscientious about spelling and grammar mistakes as I am when sober. I am not actually drunk, but I have had enough to drink that I am aware of it.

So, in terms of an actual subject...I don't have one in particular. So this will be a quickie. Short and to the point (whatever the hell that is). Today, I took my husband to the airport and he is now in Seattle, a city that I am just dying to see. Unfortunately, I have class tomorrow night and I'm giving a quiz, so I think that means that I need to be there. Damn.

And after that, I hung out for a bit, bought some biker shorts, a reflector vest and some sushi. Then I came back home and did absolutely nothing but get ready for dance class. I took two classes today and Mrs. B was a beast. She's trying to make us performance ready, but I think she's trying to get us back into the shape we were in 15 years ago. Hello, but I'm 31 and I don't think my body can do what it did at 15. It can't even do some of the things it did at 25...

Like drinking. If I could go back in time to when I was in law school and could drink like a fish, this little bit of wine would never have made me sleepy. If this was ten years ago, I'd have drunk the entire bottle of wine and would still be eager for more. I've turned into a big married wuss.

That's why I'm going to a party on Friday night, probably without my husband. He'll be back from Seattle, but he'll probably be jet-lagged and frankly, I am not going to come home to watch cable with him. I'm dropping his ass off and I'm heading back downtown. I'm tired of being the predictable housewife.

OK, that's all I've got for now. I've gotta go teach my class (the one online) and I've got to do something else for my other class. I've got a lot of sh** to do, so this buzz I've got going will wear off and I'll go back to being my boring old predictable self.

Unitl then, Ciao!

1 comment:

irena said...

you are a great writer. i admire you.

-random 16 year old from NC