Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Quick Post on the Run

I've got about 8 minutes to type, so I've got to make this meaningful. I am in the computer room at the resort where we are staying in Weston, Florida. There is a kid next to me who has been playing games on the computer for at least 45 minutes while his father and brother hold up another computer. The limit is supposed to be 15 minutes...

I have lots of random things to say, but I will complain about the timeshare presentation that I had to suffer through this morning. First, I had no idea it was a timeshare presentation until I showed up and saw the room set-up. By that point, it was too late to escape. Then we did the obligatory tour of the premises, made small talk with the sales person, and then sat through the pitch. My husband prolonged things by being too friendly and chatty. Then the check out guy was just plain rude. And of course it took 3 hours.

I have a suggestion, why not just dispense with the pretense? Anyone who stays at one of these resorts has been through at least two of these presentations already. They've already seen the model suite and assorted amenities, and either they bought or they didn't. And you know this so there is no need to go through the song and dance. In our case, we've now gone through three renditions of this same presentation--in Williamsburg, VA (2001), Las Vegas, NV (2003)and now in Weston, FL (2005). And guess what, we still aren't going to buy, no matter how many free T-shirts, free meals, bogus *free* trips, and whatever else you offer!


Gotta go before the computer logs me out. Ciao!

No comments: