Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Outrage of the Hour!

I got curious and decided to scroll through other blogs that were updated around the same time I updated mine, and I was attracted to one of those self-important "conservative conservative" titles. So I decided, what the heck, I've had some oat bran today (trust me, there is a definite link between this garbage and my morning Cheerios)...

So, this guy lists all the reasons why one might be a Democrat, and of course, they include the obligatory quip about liberal arts majors working at Starbucks, but then the rest of the reasons are narrow-minded and downright hostile. Of course on his alternative list, he rhapsodizes about God, guns, SUVs and why conservatives will inherit the Kingdom of God.

I hate self-righteous Republifu**s (my new term). They suck.

I won't even waste time debunking his list, because in the off chance that someone reads this, I refuse to even slightly endorse his blog. But I will say this, people who make lists about why they are so great and why others who disagree with them are stupid or lame should be careful not to protest too much, lest they be revealed as hypocrites. If you have to tell me how great you are, then maybe it means you need to spend less time talking and more time doing, so that people can see that greatness reflected in your actions.

And by the way, if you believe that guns, FOX news, and Wal-Mart are virtues, well then, thank God I'm not a Republifu**!

No comments: