Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Hateration

That's not even a real word, but it does describe how I felt after dance class last night.

I'm hating my body and its limitations; hating the other dancers in the studio because of their limitations; and I'm totally hating the new woman with all that professional training who made every single one of us look bad.

Actually, she has challenged me to improve, in a way. After taking one class with this woman, I am going to do whatever it takes to get my leg as high as it can go, to get my feet to point as far as they can, and to get my body into the shape it was in back when I was a teenager. She made me feel old and creaky, and she is several years OLDER than me, but give me a bit of time, and I'll show her!

Makes me wonder what the heck have I been doing with my life all these years? I've been dancing since the age of nine, yet I doubt I ever had as much flexibility (or talent) as she did. Did I miss something? I rarely missed a class...so what is my problem?

Clearly, it is focus, and how I totally lack it. That is the story of my life.

Like now, I am supposed to be working on a cover letter for a job. I've done the letter and my resume is ready to go, but I need to update my references and instead, I am blogging about dance class and my potatoes. I did write the letter for another job for which I plan to apply, so I did accomplish something today. Now I just need to print it out and prepare it for mailing along with the letter I planned to mail to my client two weeks ago, and the other project for my old boss. Oh, and a few emails here and there concerning stuff I've been avoiding. Do you see a pattern here?

Yep. So I guess I'll get back to work...

No comments: