Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Fo-Shizzle

What the hell does that mean? And why did I hear a commercial today in which a white girl said it? I guess no one says "awesome" anymore...

****
So now I've learned to dub music CDs. Or at least I think I do. I spent half an hour at Circuit City yesterday trying to buy the right CDs that play on car radios and stereos. Apparently the ones I've had, but barely use, only play on the computer, so I waited patiently for a free salesperson and barraged him with questions. He was very helpful and suggested a good brand, but then I spent the next ten minutes concerned about how many CDs I would buy. The ones I had selected with the cases was $5, but I could get 45 more for only $5 more, except those would not come with cases. Then it was a decision between getting fewer so that I would take less of a loss if things did not work out. The cashier thought I was pretty funny, and probably very high maintenance. Finally, I settled on the 50 CDs with no cases for $10, and as of this morning, I have successfully dubbed the Seal CD that I promised my dance teacher last week. Of course, I have no idea how I did it.

I am slowly coming into the 21st Century. I still don't know how to send text messages, how to IM people, or anything more complicated than point, click and send. I am pathetic. But my husband is way worse, so that is my consolation. He is a total techno-phobe. He won't touch anything electronic until it gets plugged in.

****
Tyra Banks will get a talk show this fall. What in the world does she have to say outside of her other show, Top Model? And is there anyone out there who cares? I swear, these self-indulged C-list celebrities and their talk show ambitions (yes, washed up super models are on the C-list, along with former child stars, aging rock star wives, and anyone who gets a show on VH-1). For example: (1) Tony Danza and his wannabe Marlon Brando (ANNGELAAAA); (2) Danny Bonaduce, the former child star who has made a career out of being a former child star; and (3) Sharon Osbourne, whose only claim to fame was being married to Ozzy, a certifiable lunatic.

Tyra is plugging her show with the enticement that there will be a runway on her set. Oooh, I can't wait...

****
I just got another text book for one of my classes this fall, which brings the total to four. This one came with a CD. Who in the world has time to read through all of this before the beginning of the semester? Hell, when is the beginning of my semester? What day is it...

No comments: