Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Too Darn Hot

I can't focus and it is so hot in this house that I am melting. I have been trying to blog for hours, but it is so pointless because I can't concentrate.

I wanted to work on several things today, but I haven't accomplished anything. Even this quick post feels like a waste of what little energy I have because it doesn't actually count as a blog topic.

I really want to get something written, and I have lots of ideas, but I just can't get anything properly formulated. I've been thinking about a writing course, but I'm broke so it will have to be free or very low budget.

I also want to travel this summer, also for free, but that can't happen if I can't get anything decent written down. I had worked on the funeral story for a while, but I lost some of my steam on that piece (despite the wealth of material that I picked up from the funeral I attended yesterday). It was so hot in my living room last night that I just sat on the futon and watched the snow on the new TV.

I think my ADHD is to blame. That and the heat. It must be 90 degrees outside...

Maybe I'll go plant my tomatoes in their pots...it must be cooler outdoors than it is in the house.

No comments: