Saturday, May 14, 2005

Long Time No Blog

Well, I tried yesterday, but because the system went down in the middle of my creative process, I lost the post. I won't even try to re-create it, because it was just self-indulgent dribble. I was feeling a bit sorry for myself, then I started to feel better, but anyway, it was boring.

Not that what I plan to write today is any more exciting. Hmmm, my day consisted of a divorce clinic, lunch at a local coffee shop, dance rehearsal, dinner at a chili restaurant, and a night of shopping at Target. Whew.

Gee, my life is boring. I guess this is what happens once you get settled into married life. You look forward to Target on the weekends. Cool people spend Saturday night at dinner or a movie or at a club...we don't even know the names of any clubs anymore.

It's like we died and ended up in Nebraska. I bet we're even too boring for them.

Anyway, Rick is watching SNL and I just submitted my final grades for my class. Now onto the rest of the work that I've neglected for the past seven weeks...

The most exciting thing I've done recently is to mold an elephant for my cousin out of clay for a school project. I was more excited to discover that I still had some artistic talent buried down in me. However, kids are not so easily satisfied. She got over my artistic triumph pretty quickly, since she spent the rest of the night laughing at me. Just wait till she gets to be my age, then she'll see that I'm not as pathetic as she thought. I'm just typical.

The latest thing is that Rick has been making fun of me for being both a 'bitty' and hyper active (strange concoction). The bitty thing is just silly, and despite his countless examples of my bittishness, I think he's full of it (sounds pretty bittish to me). He also swears that I'm ADHD, which is entirely possible. I can't focus on anything. I bought scrapbook stuff for a project I'm thinking about, but in all likelihood, I won't finish it. The last scrapbook project I started is still incomplete. My short story on the woman who attends funerals is half-way complete (but I'm already doubting it). My novel and the screenplay I wanted to write are also still works in progress. I am a mess.

Can anyone imagine me as a grandmother? Apparently no one has to imagine it...

Well, I'm off to do the laundry now. Woohoo!

No comments: